We’re located in Beachwood, Ohio
24100 Chagrin Blvd, Set 400,
Beachwood, Ohio, 44122
Click here to download Patient forms.
Tips for Insuring a Smooth Check-In for Your Appointment
PLEASE READ-COVID-19 PANDEMIC REVISIONS
- Please make sure to come to our Chagrin Blvd office. Please arrive on time. If you are new to the office, or have not come to the office in over a year, please arrive early to complete and/or update information. Just as a reminder, a late arrival might necessitate the need to reschedule your appointment.
- Please bring your insurance card and a photo ID. We must make a copy of the latter, so having the physical card is critical.
- Please be prepared to pay your co-pay and any balances you may have on your account.
- Please fill out all information in its entirety. While this certainly can be a nuisance, it is essential for insuring proper billing of your insurance carrier.
- Please bring a list of all of your medications and a list of all of your medication allergies. Please make sure this information is shared with the medical assistant at the time of check-in.
- If you are having a procedure performed, please, arrive 20 minutes prior to your appointment.
- To help safeguard your heath and well-being, the checkin process will now be performed while you wait in the comfort of your on vehicle. Upon arrival, please call the office to begin the check-in process. This allows you to bypass the waiting room, and go right into the exam room, in most cases, after checking your temperature and verification of insurance. We have reduced the number of patients seen each day, to prevent person to person exposure.We have made our office as “touch-less” as possible. We offer hand sanitizer, and although a small gesture, upon departure, we will offer you a paper towel or a plastic sheet, upon request, to prevent having to touch any public surfaces in our suite, or in the building.
We are also seeing fewer patients in the office each day to allow time to sanitize the room, including the exam table and exam room chairs, between each patient.
Thank you for understanding the need to have only the patient in the suite, unless the patient is in need of assistance, or is a minor.
Due to these changes to help keep our patients as safe as possible, it is now imperative to call the office one day prior to your appointment to cancel your appointment. We regret we will have no choice but to charge a $40 no show fee for late cancellations and patients who fail to keep their appointments. Please avoid this charge by calling in advance to cancel an appointment you will not be able to keep. As a reminder, when you call to schedule your appointment, take the time to jot the date and time down, placing the information in a safe place to avoid forgetting your appointment.
We hope you find these tips both helpful, and reassuring. Your health and well-being is our primary concern. We look forward to seeing you soon.